March 8, 2015

Psalm 6 - Domine Ne In Furore Tuo

15th Century French Manuscript Illumination - Courtesy of Wikipedia

Domine Ne In Furore Tuo is one of the seven Penitential Psalms. It is the Latin Vulgate translation of Psalm 6, a song of repentance usually attributed to King David from the Book of Psalms. One of the best known musical settings was published in 1620 by the Italian composer and Catholic priest, Claudio Monteverdi (1567-1643).



DOMINE, NE IN FURORE TUO (Verses 1-4)

Domine, ne in furore tuo arguas me:
neque in ira tua corripias me.
Miserere mei, Domine, quoniam infirmus sum:
sana me, Domine, quoniam conturbata sunt ossa mea.
Et anima mea turbata est valde:
sed tu, Domine, usquequo?


O LORD, REBUKE ME NOT (Verses 1-4)

O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger:
nor chasten me in thy displeasure.
Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am weak:
O Lord, heal me,
for my bones are troubled.
My soul also is troubled:
but, Lord, how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, but they won't be published immediately. I moderate them first, just to weed out spam etc.

- Thanks